Duration: 3 days
The CompTIA Security+ certification designates knowledgeable professionals in the field of security, one of the fastest-growing fields in IT. Security threats are increasing in number and severity, and the gap between the need for security professionals and qualified IT personnel is the largest of any IT specialty, according to a 2008 CompTIA study. Even in a troubled economy, most businesses plan to maintain or increase their investment in security.
Although not a prerequisite, it is recommended that CompTIA Security+ candidates have at least two years of technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security. The CompTIA Network+ certification is also recommended.
- Security Overview
- Attacks and Malicious Code
- Remote Access
- Web Security
- Directory and File Transfer Services
- Wireless and Instant Messaging
- Media and Medium
- Network Security Topologies
- Intrusion Detection
- Security Baselines
- Physical Security
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Computer Forensics and Advanced Topics